IVRCL in Mining
The Mining Sector, which was a monopoly of the Government, was opened up during the last ten years or so gradually. Taking advantage of this liberalization wave, IVRCL started pursuing opportunities in the Mining Sector with keen interest.
IVRCL has strategic alliances with reputed mining companies in the country as well as in South Africa, China and Ukraine to jointly pursue both open-cast and underground mining opportunities unfolding in India in Coal, Copper, Zinc and Gold Mining Sectors.
"To create a mining division focused on improving the top & the bottom lines and thus developing world-class operation skills to compete in international market by 2020"
Open-cast COAL Projects Completed:
- Singareni Collieries Project, Kothagudem Dist.,Telangana: IVRCL has successfully executed a contract for overburden removal for Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL). This was the first work undertaken by IVRCL’s Mining Division.
- Rajmahal Open Cast Project, Jharkhand: We’ve successfully completed the project of Removal of overburden from A2, A3 patch of Rajmahal Area, Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) with achieving a peak progress of 5.3 LBCM during May 2012. The project was completed within 8 months of time by executing 30.70 LBCM of overburden removal. .
- Ananta Open Cast Project, Talcher, Odisha: We’ve executed the mechanical transfer and transportation of coal from Ananta OCP to Ananta Railway siding, Jagganath Area, Talcher, Odisha. .
- Malanjkhand Open Cast Project, Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh: Loading & Hauling of Rock from Malanjkhand Open Cast Mine, Malanjkhand, Balaghat, M.P – Quantity Executed – 24 LBCM
Underground Mining Project under Execution:
- Malanjkhand Underground Mining Project: The project involves the development of the Malanjkhand project for 5-MTPA production through Underground Mining for Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL).
- The LoA was issued in November 2011, subjected to clearances of Environment & Forest and the same was got in June 2013.
- Actual work started at the site in August 2015 after signing of the Main Contract Agreement.
- Irrespective of hard strata, terrain conditions the work is in execution as per schedule. Three shafts were awarded to Chinese party in consortium with one Indian Party. One South-side Shaft and a South Decline work have been awarded to one of our Consortium partners.
Brief Scope of Work:
IVRCL-led consortium has been awarded the work of Development of Malanjkhand underground mine of 5 MTPA by Hindustan Copper Ltd. (HCL). The project is one of the biggest underground mining projects in the country involving:
- The sinking of 4 vertical shafts to a depth of approx. 700m each and drivage of 2 declines and its development with supply and installation of winders, ventilation system, crushers & electro-mechanical items etc.
- Detailed design of shafts, declines, drives, winders & ore handling system. Sinking & equipping of 4 shafts of 6.5m – 7m dia.
- Excavation of declines, drives, crosscuts, passes, raises etc. of a total length of 55.4 km.
- Supply, erection & commissioning of 2 Friction winders of capacity 4600 KW & 1 service winder of capacity 1800 KW for hoisting of 100 persons with ventilation system, crushers & supply and installation of related electro-mechanical items
IVRCL Underground Mining Expertise:
IVRCL possesses the following capabilties in underground mining:
- High-Speed Shaft Sinking using Umbrella Drills and High-Speed Cement Lining
- High Speed Mechanized Decline Development using Drill Jumbo and LHD, LPDT combination
- High-Speed Mine Development for Main Level development
- High-Speed Chambers and Sump Excavation in Underground
- Exploratory drilling in underground from Exploratory Drives
- High Capacity Skip Hoisting System Design and its implementation
- Design of Surface and Underground Ore Handling systems
- Design of Crusher Chambers and Installation of High Capacity Underground Crushers
- Mine Pump Station Design
- Shaft Equipping design and Installation of Cage and Skip Hoisting system for 5-MTPA Mine
- Early Mine Production, secondary development in Transit Mine from Opencast to Underground phase
- Electrical Layout design and Underground Mine SLD design and Sub Station Design
- Mine Winders Design and Selection and Installation with Commissioning for 5-MTPA Mine
- Mine Ventilation Design and Procurement of Main Mechanical Ventilators
Glimpses:Here are the glimpses of Underground Mine Development of Malanjkhand 5-MTPA Underground Copper Mine for Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL),A Govt. of India Enterprises.Production Shaft
North Ventilation Shaft
South Ventilation Shaft